These features are available in Indonesia 🇲🇨
A great way to attract more customers is to offer discounts based on the type of card that they use. Issuing banks often collaborate with merchants to provide discounts to users if they choose to use their cards. An important feature in the payment flow is the ability to check if the card number entered by a user is issued by a specific bank that's eligible for promotions.
Xendit’s Promotion feature enable merchants to offer cards promotions to your customers easily, either using our Checkout UI or you build your own checkout UI and integrate with Xendit Promotion API.
- As a merchant, you partner with an issuing bank (for example, BCA in Indonesia) to offer discounts to your customers, on transactions using BCA credit/debit cards.
- The Promotion has, for example, these details:
- BCA-issued credit / debit cards. Usually, issuers will provide you with a list of BINs eligible for the Promotion. Let's say BCA gives you 400001, 400002, 400003, 447242
- 20% discount on all transactions
- Runs from 20 September 2021 to 31 December 2021
- Having done that, you’ll need to set up the Promotion through Dashboard in the Promotions section under Credit/Debit Cards or you can send Xendit a Create Promotion API request (see here as your guideline to create promotion)
- Finally, Xendit will automatically help you with:
- Detecting when a BCA card is used for a transaction
- Informing you that there is an active Promotion for this transaction
- Calculating the discount, and returning the final (discounted) amount
Below is the list of channel code that available with our promotions feature. You can refer to this Channel Code once you create promotions via API and we will automatically whitelist all the BINs in our database corresponding to that channel for that created Promotion.
|Bank Central Asia|
|Bank Rakyat Indonesia|
|Bank Negara Indonesia|
|Bank CIMB Niaga|
|Bank Tabungan Negara|
|Bank OCBC NISP|
|Bank Maybank Indonesia|
|Standard Chartered Bank|
Checkout via XenInvoice
Once your customer land to XenInvoice checkout page and choose credit card as payment channel, Xendit will return promotion if your customer’s card detail match with any active promotions that your account have. Below is the example of user journey via XenInvoice checkout page:
Checkout via Your Merchant UI
If you want to integrate with us using your own UI, check out our Integration and Testing - Promotions page to see how you can get started!