What is Virtual Account (Bank Transfer)?
The Virtual Account (VA) feature enables businesses to receive payments through bank transfers from multiple banks, eliminating the need to open separate accounts at each bank. This payment method has gained significant popularity in Indonesia and Vietnam, particularly for transactions conducted via bank transfers[^1]. By utilizing a Virtual Account, you will receive automated notifications whenever your customers make payments, eliminating the need for manual checks.
We provide support for payments via Virtual Account for the following banks:
|Bank Name||Supported Commercial Model||Supported Country|
|Bank Central Asia (BCA)||Aggregator and Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank CIMB Niaga||Aggregator and Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank DBS Indonesia||Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank Jabar Banten (BJB)||Aggregator||Indonesia|
|Bank Mandiri||Aggregator and Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI)||Aggregator and Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank Neo Commerce (BNC)||Aggregator and Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank Permata||Aggregator and Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI)||Aggregator and Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank Sahabat Sampoerna (BSS)||Aggregator and Switcher||Indonesia|
|Bank Syariah Indonesia (BSI)||Aggregator||Indonesia|
A brief explanation of the commercial model:
- Aggregator Model
By choosing the aggregator model, Xendit will handle the creation and management of Virtual Account(s) in collaboration with the designated bank for collecting payments on your behalf. This model allows you to quickly activate all available bank channels and receive settlements directly on your Xendit dashboard. You have the freedom to withdraw funds at your convenience.
- Switcher Model
Under the switcher model, the settlement process will be directly initiated to your bank account without routing through the Xendit dashboard. The funds will typically be credited within one day or on the next working day following a successful payment. Please note that this model requires you to complete an additional application process with each bank you intend to utilize. Additionally, if you opt for this model, you will need to independently open an account with the respective bank (feel free to reach out to our Account Manager or Customer Service for guidance on the application procedures and bank policies).
Why Use Virtual Account from Xendit?
By utilizing Xendit Virtual Account, you can enjoy the following key benefits:
- Streamlined payment tracking: With Xendit Virtual Account, all payment activities are automatically detected and recorded. This feature saves you valuable time by eliminating the need for manual payment checks.
- Access to a wide range of banks: You can receive payments from over 100 existing banks without the hassle of opening separate accounts at each bank. Xendit simplifies the process by providing seamless integration with our platform.
- Round-the-clock Customer Support: Our dedicated Customer Support team is available 24/7 to assist you. Whether you have inquiries, encounter issues, or require any form of assistance, we are ready to provide the support you need at any time.
How does Xendit support VA payments?
A Virtual Account Number consists of 15 -18 digit numbers that are randomly generated from a specified range (for example 8808-1001-000000 to 8808-1001-999999).
When you choose Xendit as your payment provider, we can provide you with up to 999,999 Virtual Account numbers to start with. This range of Virtual Account numbers will be determined during the activation process. If you require additional Virtual Account numbers beyond the allocated amount, please reach out to your dedicated Account Manager or contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The table below displays the first 4 to 8 digits of the Virtual Account numbers, which serve as an identifier indicating that the Virtual Account originates from Xendit under the aggregator model (in switcher you will get your own prefix).
|Bank Name||Xendit Merchant Code|
|Bank Central Asia (BCA)||7007 / 38165 / 38166|
|Bank CIMB (CIMB)||93490|
|Bank Development Bank of Singapore (DBS)||9488|
|Bank Jabar Banten (BJB)||12345|
|Bank Mandiri||88608 / 88908|
|Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI)||8808 / 8930 / 7151 / 7152|
|Bank Neo Commerce (BNC)||90100011|
|Bank Permata||8214 / 7293|
|Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI)||26215 / 92001 / 13281 / 13282 / 13404 / 13405|
|Bank Sahabat Sampoerna (BSS)||40102|
|Bank Syariah Indonesia (BSI)||9347 / 9655|
How is the Payment Flow in Virtual Account Payment?
When utilizing a Virtual Account, the payment flow follows these steps:
- Offer the Virtual Account payment option to your customers during the payment process.
- Customers can select the Virtual Account payment option and choose their preferred bank.
- A unique Virtual Account number will be generated for each transaction, allowing customers to make payments via bank transfer to the provided Virtual Account number.
- You will receive a notification once the payment has been successfully made.
To make payments using a Virtual Account, your customers can utilize the following payment tools:
- Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
- Mobile Banking Applications
- Internet Banking Platforms
- Teller Services (availability varies across banks)
- Telegraphic Transfer
- Other supported e-channels from the bank e.g. EDC
For a comprehensive guide on how customers can make payments via Virtual Account, please refer to our Virtual Account Payment Guide.
Start Accepting Virtual Account Payments
To enable the receipt of payments through a Virtual Account, you have two options:
- Virtual Account API Integration
By utilizing the Virtual Account API, you can establish a direct integration between your application and Xendit's API service endpoint. This integration enables seamless payment processing. For detailed information on API integration, please refer to our integration guide available in the Testing page
- Payment Link
Payment Link is a convenient solution that offers a ready-to-use checkout URL. With Payment Link, you can incorporate various payment methods such as Credit Cards, Direct Debit, Retail Outlet or Over-the-Counter, Cardless Credit, QR Code, and eWallet into your payment process. To learn more about Payment Link and its capabilities, please visit the Payment Link page on our website. Note that Payment Link is also available via API.
Last Updated on 2023-07-23