iOS SDK is an iOS library that is provided by Xendit to help you process your digital payment. iOS SDK helps you to:
- Tokenize your end customers card with single use token
- Tokenize your end customers card with multiple use token
- Authenticating your end customers card transactions
Here are the use cases that Xendit’s iOS SDK can help you:
You are in a business that requires you to accept payment through Credit Card
You need to build your own page for accepting credit card information
You do not need any license, if you do not save CC information in full, like:
- Card holder name,
- Full card number
- Expiry month and year
You tokenize with our credit card, depending on what kind of token that you want to have (single use or multiple use)
- In here you will receive masked_card_number as one of our responses, you can save this in case you want to tell which card the transaction has been made with
- If you create a multiple use token, you will receive should_3ds as one of our responses. This is a recommendation based on our historical data, if the value is true we recommend you to proceed to createAuthentication for that token.
You hit our charge API to capture the payment
- We suggest you to do this on your back-end server, why? Because if you put a static key on your app, a hacker can crack your app and get your secret API key
iOS SDK v2 minimum requirements
- Swift version: Swift 5.1
- iOS minimum version: 8
iOS SDK v3 (beta)
Xendit has released v3 of our iOS SDK in beta which supports performing credit/debit card authentication using the updated 3DS protocol, EMV 3DS (also known as 3DS 2.0). v2 of our iOS SDK has not been deprecated and will still work for customers using it.
What is the difference between v3 and v2?
All the features in v2 will still work the same in v3. However, v3 contains code which allows you to send data to Xendit which is necessary to perform credit card authentication using 3DS 2.0.
The SDK should work out of the box after installation without a need to update any code implementation. However, please contact support (email@example.com) to make sure that your account has 3DS 2.0 enabled.