When you are integrating with Xendit, you may want to analyze or debug API requests in the Test or Live environment. Using API logs, you can see information about your API requests. You can troubleshoot the requests and responses, and see the metadata of your API requests.
API logs cover all Xendit APIs, exclude Credit Card APIs, Payment Method V2 API, Unified Payment Request API, and requests made from our Third Party Integrations, like Shopify, Woocommerce, etc. Xendit retains your API logs for 90 days.
Using API Logs
You will need
Developer permission to access API Logs. Learn more about team permission here
- Open API Logs page
- You will see logs of all of your API traffic
- You can adjust date time filter to view more logs, and filter by method, HTTP status code, or endpoint
- You can also search by Request ID, which will be elaborated below
Search by Request ID
Each API request has an asssociated request identifier. You can find this value in the response headers, under
Request-ID. You can use
Request-ID to find logs in API Logs in Dashboard. If you need to contact us about a specific request, providing the request identifier will ensure the fastest possible resolution.
- You can use API logs to check if you have made API request to Xendit or not, especially useful during integration period in Test mode
- You can check the response time of a particular API request
- You can check the API key name and IP address of a specific API request
- API Log covers all Xendit APIs, except Credit Card APIs, Payment Method V2 API, Unified Payment Request API, and requests made from our Third Party Integrations
- Log will be available upon successful API authentication. Authentication errors, like
INVALID_API_KEYerror will not be displayed to API Logs
- Log data is available in API Logs for up to 3 months. Contact you wish to get older data than 3 months.
- API response time displayed in API Logs is elapsed processing time to process your API request within Xendit's system. It doesn't include the time for the request to travel from your server to Xendit's server