There are 2 types of general reports spanning all payment channels available for all businesses. This is different from each individual payment report you can download from each payment tab.
- Transaction Report
- Shows each transaction joined with Fee and Tax for easy reference
- Each transaction exists before the money movement is completed
- For money-in, when payment is made, transaction will be created in pending settlement status
- For money-out, when payment is initiated, transaction will be created in pending status
- Balance History Report
- Each line signifies a debit or credit money movement from the ledger
- For money-in, only when the settlement time has reached and money moves to the balance, ledger line will be created
- For money-out, only when transaction is confirmed by partner and money moves out of the balance, ledger line will be created
Reports Format Available
- Transaction Report: CSV
- Balance History: CSV, PDF
CSV format is the standard format provided across reports experience and better used to organize/manipulate large amounts of data. CSV format includes more columns as compared to PDF format, such as Product ID and Transaction ID.
Please refer to the available columns in Balance History here and Transaction here for further details.
- If file size is too huge, reduce your report time range.
- If you wish to receive the CSV report automatically every day, you can set a scheduling report on the Reporting tab. Find more details here.
PDF format aims too enable businesses that require a report format that is more formal or visual. PDF report will only consist of the following columns:
- Date & Time
- Transaction Type
- Customer Reference
- Line Type
- Payment Channel
Steps to export a Balance History PDF Report
- Go to Xendit Dashboard
- Click on Balance Tab
- Filter for your desired time range
- Click on export button
- Choose PDF option
- Click on Send to Email
- Await for email to download PDF report
- If filter is selected, there will not be an opening and closing balance as transactions will not total up to opening and closing balance
- If file size is too huge, reduce your report time range
Benefits of using PDF Report
- Official Xendit logo on report
- Opening and closing balance
- Immediate error handling for large sized reports, no more waiting around for reports that fail to generate
Examples of Different Use Cases
|Use Cases for Transaction Report||Use Cases for Balance History Report|
|Reconcile completed payments daily (daily sales)||Reconcile money movements like a bank account|
|Breakdown of fees and vat for each transaction||Using balance history to prepare for audits|
Please refer to Transaction and Balance Menu for more detailed information.